Before you begin, please note special application instructions below.
SPECIAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Click the link below to complete our pre-employment assessment (approximately 30 minutes or less).
After completing the pre-employment assessment, come back to this job posting and click the Apply button to complete our online application where you can also submit a resume.
After completing your online application, your pre-employment assessment results and application/resume will be more thoroughly reviewed and you may be contacted for a personal interview.
Morgan Corporation is the largest manufacturer of medium duty freight and refrigerated van and truck bodies in North America. Founded in 1952, as a small welding shop in Morgantown, Pennsylvania, on the site where Conestoga wagons were manufactured through the late 1800s, we have experienced tremendous growth and continue to look for additional expansion opportunities around the world. With a total of eleven manufacturing and five service facilities strategically located across the U.S. and Canada, Morgan is able to provide the quality, service, and prompt delivery our customers expect.
A subsidiary of J.B. Poindexter, a privately held diversified manufacturing company, Morgan Corporation offers a vast variety of career opportunities, internally as well as within the J.B. Poindexter family of companies. We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability plans, 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We pride ourselves in team member development, performance, recognition, and a culture of diversity and respect. Whether you are taking the next step of your career or just beginning, joining Morgan’s winning team means being part of a great home away from home. You will be challenged. You will be proud.
Pay Rate $15.00 and up p/h depending on experience.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities of skilled and unskilled automotive painters differ as per their expertise levels. In general, the duties and responsibilities of a painter are:
1. Work and adhere to all safety policies within the work area and throughout the company.
2. Properly and safely operate required tools both power/non-power.
3. Understand and comprehend measurements and have the ability to apply based on instruction. Ability to read a tape measurer.
4. Fully understand quality policies and have minimum or zero defects per unit.
5. Ability to read and or interpret work orders and apply to task at hand.
6. Team member actively participates and supports PPS, 5S and TPM.
7. Perform task within allotted RE time.
8. Flex within functional areas as needed.
9. Work required schedule including overtime.
10. Assist with on the job training of team members.
11. Work with little or no supervision.
12. Meet physical requirements which include lifting up to 35lbs, standing for long periods, bending, stooping, reaching and squatting.
13. Perform other duties as required by management.
Specific Job Functions:
Ability to paint the following within RE time and Quality Specifications:
Any style chassis and cabs.
Trailers and or Tractors
Proven knowledge and experience in operating:
Ability to spray any color
Able to titrate phosphate system and add chemicals as necessary
Perform preventative maintenance
High School Diploma or equivalent GED preferred.
Prior experience in Auto Body Painting or equivalent schooling.
This job operates in a manufacturing plant environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand (sometimes for extended periods); walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, and lift up to 35 pounds. The employee may, at times, sit, bend, stoop, squat, reach overhead, or crawl (may be in confined spaces). The employee is expected to perform repetitive tasks using their hands, and have the ability to climb ladders and/or work in high places.
Morgan Truck Body, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer