Nottawa Community School
1. Work as a 31a/GF professional working with students.
2. Pay $10.50 per hour as per contract
Under general supervision of Principal/Superintendent, to provide students with appropriate classroom services while assisting teacher in maintaining a learning environment that enables students to maximize learning. This person will perform a variety of clerical and supportive tasks for instructional personnel; and to perform related work as required.
Be a high school graduate, or equivalent. Associate degree or some college experience is preferred.
Must be able to pass Work Keys Test or have an acceptable number of college course credits.
Responsibility of employee to obtain and maintain all training(s), certificate(s), approval(s), etc. and provide documentation to the business office before expiration date of said document(s).
Must have regular and reliable job attendance, performance, and the physical ability to do the job.
1. Assist the teacher with the implementation of individual instructional and/or behavioral plans.
2. Assist the teacher with instruction in the cognitive domain (i.e. communication, functional academic skills, etc.).
3. Assist the teacher with group activities (i.e. Field Trips, Christmas program, etc.).
4. Assist the Sub-Teacher in following teacher's lessons plans, completing student correspondence books, daily attendance and lunch counts.
1. Supervise the students during classroom activities, students’ lunchtime and during recess periods on the playground.
2. Maintain student discipline based on classroom expectations, classroom rules and individual student plans.
3. Assist in supervising emergency situations (i.e. tornado drills, fire drills, etc.).
4. Supervise the students during arrival and departure.
5. Supervise the students out of the classroom and/or school building (i.e. community based instruction/ field trips, etc.).
6. Monitor & evaluate the safety of all students and report any concerns to the teacher or principal.
1. Complete classroom clerical and record keeping duties (i.e. attendance, lunch count, personnel activity report, etc.).
2. Operate a variety of school equipment (computer, copy machine, etc.).
3. Complete accident and/or incident reports as needed.
4. Participate in yearly CPI, CPR/AED and first-aid training biyearly.
5. Attend and provide input at student/staff/team meetings and in-service when required.
6. Actively seeks advice and information relating to job.
7. Adhere to the rules of confidentiality (FERPA).
8. Use universal precautions at all times for personal health and safety.
9. Complete other school related responsibilities as assigned by the principal.
REPORTS TO: Superintendent/Principal