Job Title: Part-time Bakery Lead
This position is Flexible part time 30-38 hours per week with benefits packages available. Open availability preferred including early mornings, afternoons evenings and weekends.This position closes 9/19/19.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Role model outstanding, friendly customer service and use skills and knowledge to offer solutions that meet or exceed customer’s expectations.
1. Supervise performance of all duties and responsibilities of all bakery associates as/when assigned by management.
2. Use good judgment in the delegation, assignment and follow-up required for the efficient performance in the department.
3. Greet and assist customers with locating and selecting products.
4. Frost, base ice and decorate all varieties of cakes. Personalize when necessary.
5. Package and display products according to standard practice and our automated production program, taking customer demands into consideration.
6. Perform assigned tasks such as replenishing merchandise, preparation of products according to prescribed standards.
7. Process merchandise properly, paying special attention to rotation of products according to prescribed standards.
8. Retrieve and organize bakery product loads.
9. Assist in effectively ordering and maintaining inventory control to maximize sales and limit shrink issues.
10. Maintain accurate, neat records of production, shrink, sales and inventory.
11. Wash, rinse and sanitize equipment in accordance with company guidelines.
12. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. In the absence of the department manager and the assistant department manager, lead the department operations in accordance with established department standard practices.
2. Comply with all company policies procedures and government regulations.
3. Utilize retail store systems that support job functions which include but not limited to: Productivity Management, Scheduling, CAO and RF Unit.
4. Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect.
5. Meet or exceed all applicable Management Planning guidelines.
6. Develop product knowledge in all areas of Bakery department (rolls, desserts, cakes, muffins, bagels, coffees, platters, etc…).
7. Assist in training other associates when assigned.
8. Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times; comply with company personal appearance policy.
9. Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
10. Support company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
11. Observe and maintain company sanitation and food safety standards.
12. Perform all other duties as assigned. Requirements Qualifications:
Ability to lead and direct others. Retail Bakery experience preferred. Effective communication, customer service and selling skills. Effective interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job. Must meet minimum age requirements to comply with company policy.
1. Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform the job functions.
2. Meet established volume activity standards.
3. Perform repetitive grasping, pinching, squeezing and hand/arm motions while standing/walking the majority of the shift.
4. Lift up to 30 pounds 40% of the time and up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
5. Reach to shoulder level or overhead on occasion while lifting up to 20 lbs. on occasion.
6. Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
7. Use their hands to operate controls, feel objects and use tools to prepare products.
8. Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, and food products.