Bose is a research company dedicated to developing breakthrough technologies and quality products that enrich people's lives. To do so, we take a different approach than most companies. The result is a longstanding reputation for innovation and quality.
The co-op program at Bose will give you a chance to gain the inside track on a unique and rewarding work experience. Our goal is to make your co-op experience exciting, meaningful and a valuable opportunity to learn about the industry, the supply chain discipline, and Bose in particular. You will enrich your classroom work with a real-life perspective and develop valuable skills necessary to succeed after graduation.
The program covers a six month duration which provides a deep learning experience. All positions report into the Manufacturing Global Supply Chain organization located at the Corporate Center in Framingham, Massachusetts, about 35 minutes outside Boston.
All positions provide:
· Opportunity to explore Bose’ end to end supply chain, including exposure to Commodity Management, Logistics, Planning, Marketing, Product Development, Program Management, and Strategy.
· Provide value to the organization through an Independent Project that allows you to pursue an area outside your core responsibilities and network with individuals throughout the company. The project is intended to evaluate Bose core competencies and establish actionable areas for improvement.
· Have the opportunity to participate on or lead one or more continuous improvement project teams in direct support of the organizations Lean Six Sigma program. This includes gathering and analyzing the appropriate data, preparing a report of findings and recommendations and, in some instances, presenting to the department and implementing approved recommendations.
Positions & Responsibilities:
1. Procurement / Supplier Management : Positions will be in Bose’s Commodity Management or External Global Supply Management groups. In these positions, you will:
· Be involved in the purchasing of selected commodities including sourcing, obtaining and evaluating quotations, preparing for and actively participating in supplier meetings, analyzing supply plans, placing purchase orders and follow-up with delivery.
· Gain experience in Supply Chain ranging from New Product Development to Demand and Supply Planning to delivery into warehouses.
· The positions include a combination of strategic/project work and standard daily/weekly work. The standard work may include responsibility for managing a commodity/vendor and reporting utilizing Excel, SAP, and Business Intelligence.
2. Operations / Costing Analyst : The Operations group is a support group within Bose Manufacturing & Global Supply Chain organization. The ideal Operations Analyst candidate is an independent worker and creative thinker who excels in project work over standard work. Responsibilities may include:
· Project-manage enhancements and maintenance to the Bose Corporate cost-reduction database in close conjunction with MIS development team in Mexico.
· Manage KPI dashboard for VP of Manufacturing and Global Supply Chain. Collaborate closely with senior management to insure integrity of metrics.
· Create training modules and/or training documentation, including delivery of the training to individuals both inside and outside the department.
· New Product cost management. This involves analysis of costed BOMs to identify savings opportunities, and drive closure our external partner to ensure Bose product pricing is utilizing the lowest prices for all components. Work closely with the GSM program manager, commodity leaders, and value engineering to accurately report material cost for the program.
3. Global Supply Planning : Position will be in the Supply Planning organization.
· You will be involved in planning the supply of several products within the global supply chain. Utilizing SAP and APO, this work includes analysis of forecasted demand, communicating with procurement on the required volume, and resolving supply chain gaps that may develop.
· Communicate supply to sales on an ongoing basis. Elevate supply issues which impact customer shipments to supply management, procurement, and logistics.
· Responsible for managing and preventing inactive and obsolete inventory from being created. This work includes projecting actual customer demand vs. forecast and projecting excess inventory.
4. Corporate Logistics : Position will support the transportation operations group in the supply chain organization.
· Support the delivery of materials to customers (internal and external) through the transportation network on a global scale, and across multiple modes of transportation
· Manage unique and time critical transportation and delivery requests for internal customers globally
· Analyze transportation network and make recommendations to prevent future defects
· Participate in cross functional teams in sales, distribution and planning organization teams to resolve supply chain challenges
Skills: The ideal candidates are independent workers with attention for detail, strong communication skills, and should enjoy working in a collaborative environment. Being highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint is a must. SAP and Sharepoint experience is a plus.
Education : Business majors with a Supply Chain concentration. Candidates with previous intern or co-op experience preferred. Minimum GPA = 3.0
Benefits: $18-20 hourly rate; 40 hours per week. Paid sick/personal/holiday after 90 days; Discounted Employee Purchase Program
Relocation: Resources in place for students moving to Massachusetts.
Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf); and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm). Please note, the company's pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf. Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Wellbeing@bose.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.