General Manager - Lafayette, LA Toggle navigation
Lafayette, LA, USA
Base + Commission
Benefits Eligible after 90 days
Email Me Similar Jobs Email Me This Job
The General Manager will lead and support a team dedicated to delivering an excellent experience and revenue growth simultaneously with an opportunity to contribute to every level of the gym's overall success. This involves overseeing the entire operation of the club with the focus on providing a superior customer experience, establishing relationships within the community, developing a full staff all while staying within the operational budget set for the club. The General Manager is responsible for achieving targeted results in the areas of financial sustainability, customer satisfaction, revenue/sales performance, and financial returns. They will be accountable for the successful management, administration, and daily operations of the gym. We are looking for a leader who is results-oriented and committed to quality service.
The function of the General Manager (GM) position is to manage and control the day to day operations of the club according to set policies and procedures and business practices.
The position reports directly to the executive in charge of club operations and / or the District Manager.
All department directors, front desk, personal trainers, group exercise instructors and childcare workers assigned to the respective club report directly to the General Manager.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
1. Effectively recruit, lead, manage, communicate, train and develop an entire staff including Assistant Manager, Front Desk employees, Personal Training Director, Childcare Director, Group Exercise Director.
2. Sales duties to include making phone calls to prospective members that have been to the club or have shown interest in joining via online communications. Strong sales background helpful. Responsible for the overall sales numbers at the location. Assist in maintaining a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests and ensuring staff follows superior customer service guidelines.
3. Provide support to the staff so they can achieve growth in while also providing them the opportunity to develop their skills.
4. Ensure that all issues within the club and on-line, involving both employees and members, are addressed in an appropriate, respectful and timely manner.
5. Promote a superior customer experience within the club
6. Actively promote Club4Fitness within local communities.
1.To grow the business in regards to sales profit, and to motivate staff to achieve this same goal.
2. Ensure accurate and timely daily deposits.
3. Ensure and monitor compliance with all policies, procedures and standards.
4. Monitor performance and effectiveness of staff to meet or exceed revenue goals.
1. Monitor inventory in the club, ensuring there are adequate supplies.
2. Monitor and oversee employee payroll and scheduling ensuring the club is adequately staffed at all times.
3. Responsible for keeping the facility clean and able to pass inspections.
4. Responsible for completing monthly and weekly paperwork
5. Ensure the accuracy of club documentation.
1. Maintain strict confidentiality of all information acquired at all times.
2. Manage all team members to ensure strong communication with the goal of developing effective working relationships and provide regular feedback to assist with motivation, performance management and continued support.
3. Responsible for being up to date with current company policies and procedures and adhere to them.
To undertake any additionally duties or assignments within the overall scope of this position
1. Hard working, goal oriented, enthusiastic, and energetic.
2. Solid work ethic with strong decision-making skills
3. Self-starter who takes initiative with minimal direction and supervision
4. Ability to manage multiple responsibilities
5. Basic computer, math, and communication skills required
6. Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness industry
7. Solid supervisory, diplomacy and listening skills
8. Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite)
9. Strong problem resolution skills.
1. Five years Supervisor or Manager experience. Preferably in a fitness, hospitality or retail environment in a high-volume atmosphere..
2. Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel)
3. A High School Diploma Or Equivalent required
4. A Bachelors Degree or four years supervisor or manager experience preferred
5. Must be CPR/AED certified
6. Ability to travel to other clubs as needed