Director of Staff Development and Training
Hazelwood ICF, 1800 Old Bluegrass AVE, Louisville, KY 40215-1168
The Staff Development and Training Department functions in a collaborative relationship to provide training, assessment, and measurement services that ensure continuous individual and organizational performance improvement in support of Bluegrass.org ICF mission. The Staff Development Department delivers employee educational activities which focus on the promotion of optimal resident independence and quality of life in an efficient and cost effective manner. The department supports the continuity of comprehensive, cost effective, quality person-centered services by ensuring a competent workforce and supporting strategies that enhance the quality of the work environment. All services are provided at the highest standard of professional practice, complying with standards by both federal and state regulations and facility policies.
Required Education and Experience
Must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Plan, direct, and coordinate employee development and training programs for Newvista.org ICF employees.
2. Supervise and review the work of Staff Development staff to assure quality work and efficient operations.
3. Analyze and assess training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs. 4. Provide in-service training and recommend employees for specialized training as needed.
5. Review and evaluate training programs for quality including compliance with government standards.
6. Participate in committee meetings as designated by the Facility Director.
7. Provide assistance and recommendations to management or other groups on training-related issues.
8. Ensure accuracy for training-related data.
9. Implement and provide daily management of electronic data resources - ex. CareTracker.
10. Must ensure compliance with all ICF regulations and all applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
11. Learn and follow all policies and procedures.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must be able to participate and demonstrate their knowledge of approved crisis management procedures. Refer to Essential Demands.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full Time (Exempt). Must work at least 37.5 hours per week. Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of Bluegrass.org ICF program. Must be able to work all three shifts as needed.
This position requires less than 5% travel.
Newvista.org prohibits discrimination and harassment against any applicant, employee or contractor on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, working conditions, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, wage and salary administration, employee benefits and training. It is also the company’s policy to prohibit all forms of retaliation against any individual who has complained of harassing or discriminatory conduct, encouraged another to complain, participated in an investigation into such complaints, or opposed unlawful discrimination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.