Posting Detail Information
Posting Date 08/07/2019
Closing Date 08/16/2019
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, unofficial transcripts for the required degree (if applicable) must be attached and submitted at the time of application.
Seeking someone with excellent knowledge of technology (including web page, data collection, and word processing), publication software and good organizational skills. This position works closely with student leaders and advisors of clubs. Excellent customer service skills required.
POSITION TITLE: SECRETARY/RECEPTIONIST CPOFST-SECY01
STATUS: Part time
DEPARTMENT: Office of Student Activities
DIVISION: Student Development
REPORTS TO: Director and Coordinator of Student Life
PLACEMENT: Clerical staff, grade 5
MINIMUM PAY RATE: $14.91 per hour
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
To provide a variety of clerical and secretarial duties requiring the exercise of a high level of discretion; to provide professional, effective, and efficient customer service assistance to students, faculty and college personnel. Considerable judgment and initiative in adapting work procedures to new situations are required. Work requires knowledge of the policies and procedures within the Department and College Systems. Fast paced environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Create and maintain monthly calendar of events for Student Life; reserve space for clubs and department activities.
2. Take the lead in technological needs of department including web page updating, creation of web pages, departmental Facebook page and others as developed, data collection and entry and electronic calendars.
3. Provide technical support to student leaders and club advisors and receive all club related finances for approval by Coordinator to then pass on for processing in Colleague. This will include reserving space (for clubs and college departments who wish to use the Bridge), placing food orders, requesting work orders and anything related to club events.
4. Assist with the organization and supervision of campus activities, events and programs planned by the department as requested by the Director or Coordinator.
5. Assist in development and implementation of Holistic Wellness and other events, by developing promotional materials, lining up speakers, creating mailings, etc.
6. Maintain database of vendors and assist with planning of Wellness events.
7. Receive and direct visitors, handle phone calls, take and relay messages, provide requested information, prioritize and distribute mail.
8. Attend required meetings, prepare agendas, take minutes, and distribute and maintain records of minutes.
9. Type correspondence, memoranda, documents, reports and make copies as necessary. This includes the development and preparation of the annual Survival Guide for Club Advisors and Student Leaders among other publications.
10. Order and maintain inventory of supplies.
11. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Minimum one year secretarial experience.
3. Strong personal computer skills with knowledge of several software applications including Microsoft Office Suite for Windows, Microsoft Publisher, and Photo Shop and have the ability to learn new software quickly.
4. Attentiveness to detail, excellent organizational skills, initiative, and multitasking.
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on excellent customer service skills, and ability and willingness to work cooperatively with a diverse population.
1. Associate’s degree.
2. Experience with web page updating (SharePoint) and Facebook
3. Experience in the community college environment.
1. Normal office physical demands.
1. Duties are performed indoors in the usual office and/or outdoor environment with the exception of outdoor activities when weather permits (i.e. Fall Welcome Week for example).
2. Ability to work a flexible schedule to assist with programs that may occur in the evenings or on weekends.
Application Procedures: “Apply to this Job at employment.jjc.edu”
Application Deadline: 08/16/2019
Joliet Junior College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action college supporting diversity.