GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Supportive Living/Employment Instructor works directly with individuals served and employers/supervisors at various locations to provide instructional training to individuals approved for Pathfinder, Inc Residential/Waiver services and also supported employment services through Arkansas Rehabilitation Services and/or Medicaid Waiver Supported Employment. Provides instructional training to residents with Developmental disabilities by assisting with daily living and survival skills needed for independent living in their residence and supported employments services also.
VARIOUS HOURS & DAYS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides active treatment services in accordance with their individual program plans and demonstrates the skills and techniques necessary to implement individual program plans.
2. Follows prescribed activities to meet individual objectives.
3. Assists residents in acquiring necessary daily living skills and survival skills for independent living.
4. Collects data and monitors training programs.
5. Initiates learning skills program, i.e. reading, money management, cooking, grooming, dress, hygiene.
6. Manages residents in appropriate behaviors in a professional manner and demonstrates the necessary skills and techniques to intervene effectively.
7. Provide a variety of choices in community inclusion activities for residents of the facility.
8. Attends the Job Coach Certification Class and passes with at least an 80%.
9. Attends all required training within the time limits set by Pathfinder, Inc.
10. Assures that client employees are signed in and have all supplies and equipment needed to perform individual duties.
11. Helps maintain individual performance/attendance records, and verifies accuracy and quality of worker performance.
12. Trains client employees in assigned tasks using the Demonstration-Performance Method. Works to progressively increase individuals? independence and fade out direct supervision as appropriate.
13. Monitors individuals? performance periodically when in independent status.
14. Works with employer to ensure that appropriate needs and expectations are met.
15. Documents training records/progress notes accurately and turns in paperwork in a timely manner.
16. Mentors and helps enforce standards of performance, quality, attendance, attention, and personal grooming as a role model.
17. Advocates for the client employee with employer, and when a job is in Pathfinder, Inc, coordinates any client employee issues with all appropriate Pathfinder, Inc. departments involved.
18. Maintains adequate personal level of performance and quality in addition to demonstration of training tasks. Performs all job duties with client as assigned.
19. Maintains a professional appearance at all work sites as a representative of Pathfinder, Inc.
20. Assesses client for job match compatibility and works toward the client employee's best interest with the Supported Employment Team, Job Supervisor and Pathfinder Departments when applicable.
21. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Minimum requirement; general educational background without high school completion, plus 0 to 6 months related experience or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be willing and able to be trained and certified as a Supported Employment Job Coach. Must possess current Arkansas driver's license and have current auto liability insurance coverage and registration and be able to drive to various locations in Arkansas.
Basic: Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand, walk, talk or hear; regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; and occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and ability to adjust focus.