Under the direct supervision of the Health Services Administrator (HSA), provides general secretarial and receptionist services to the health care unit staff. Responsible for scheduling outside medical appointments for inmates within his/her respective site. He/she coordinates appropriate paperwork with security, completes prep sheets and forwards it to the nursing staff with prep instructions for all procedures requiring preparations. He/she insures all necessary medical records and other documents accompany inmate to outside appointments.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
Annual review with performance increase
Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
Dental and Vision insurance
401(k) retirement saving plans
Company-paid short-term disability
Healthcare and dependent care spending account
1. Perform secretarial, clerical and receptionist duties. Prepare and type reports/ correspondence for HSA and Medical Director. Answer telephone, relay messages and transfer calls as appropriate.
2. Responsible for scheduling outside medical appointments; coordinating appropriate paperwork with security, complete prep sheets and forwards to nursing staff with prep instructions for all procedures requiring preparations.
3. Schedule and coordinate all appointments with the appropriate provider.
4. Insure necessary medical records/documents accompany inmate to outside appointments.
5. Reviews all consult referrals and obtains approvals for each consult from Wexford Health’s Utilization Review, in accordance to UR procedures.
6. Prepare consults and DOC transportation requests according to protocol.
7. Organizes, maintains, and keeps records in accordance with WHS policy.
8. Maintains clinic logs and inputs statistical data for necessary weekly and/or monthly reports.
9. Schedules doctors for appropriate clinics. Maintains lists for each clinic, monitoring closely the follow-ups.
10. Ensures call out is prepared according to institutional procedure.
11. Monitors answered consults to prevent any follow-up appointments being missed.
12. Ensures history and physicals are completed prior to outpatient surgery.
13. Develop and maintain filing system for all health care unit paperwork and materials.
14. Schedule appointments for HSA and Medical Director.
15. Collect, sort and distribute daily mail.
16. Order office supplies as needed.
17. Take minutes of meetings and other dictation as requested.
18. Input missed punches into the Kronos system utilizing approved Missed Punch Forms. Run Kronos reports as directed and distribute them to appropriate supervisors for review.
19. Secure information for responses of inquires.
20. Maintains the confidentiality of all correspondence and files.
21. Makes suggestions for improving work conditions.
Essential duties are routinely performed in a general office and clinical environment. Duties may require work in at a station/desk and entail paperwork, use of computers, fax machines, copiers, and other business machines and medical equipment. Essential duties may require the following physical demands: the strength to lift and carry material weighing up to 30 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; walking; reaching; carrying; stooping; bending; squatting; prolonged sitting; handling (hand movement); hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone; intellectual skills including short and long term memory, abstract reasoning, and decision making.
Must be able to ambulate throughout the facility. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to clearly communicate orally and via written and typed correspondence and notes using various forms, records, charts, and electronic media. Duties may require the use of a personal vehicle to attend meetings at other sites.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel.
Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
LICENSING: None required
CERTIFICATION : Current CPR certification
Minimum 2 years administrative experience. Proficient in the use of computer, dictating and copying equipment.
High school graduate or equivalent.
OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance
Strong verbal and written communication skills
General math and analytical skills, and planning, administrative and organizational skills essential.
Demonstrated experience meeting multiple deadlines.
Ability to competently manage multiple priorities simultaneously
Ability to work in a stressful environment
Assume individual accountability for own conduct and maintenance of professional appearance
Approach change in a positive manner
Strong interpersonal skills and ability