First US Bank is currently recruiting for a Personal Banker to join our team at our Centreville, AL location. The Personal Banker serves as the initial contact between the customer and the bank. Responsible for assessing and handling customers account needs, obtaining and processing customer account information, and cross selling bank products and services. May serves as a safe deposit attendant, teller, and/or receptionist. Job requires the ability to multi task. Responsible for compliance with bank policies and procedures and with federal and state regulations. Must abide by all BSA requirements
1. High school degree or equivalent
2. Two years previous Teller experience desirable
3. Previous cash handling experience
4. Ability to effectively communicate with customers, staff and outside contacts
5. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
6. Must be able to effectively access and interpret information on computer screens, documents, reports, and cash denominations
7. Realistic scheduling and observance of deadlines
8. Ability to multi-task, while being accurate and paying close attention to detail
9. Ability to work independently and with others
10. Ability to be flexible and exhibit a positive attitude towards change and improvement
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES:
1. Processes all types of deposit accounts.
Explains the various account options for checking, savings, certificates of deposit, safe deposit and Individual Retirement Accounts.
Inputs customer information into online computer terminal
Determines customer needs by asking pertinent questions.
Prepares and reviews all required documentation.
Places stop payment orders on checks at customer request.
Places and releases holds on accounts.
Opens and maintains IRA accounts and files. Makes and explains contributions, distributions, and withdrawals.
Processes Wire Transfers as required
2. Responds to customer inquiries regarding transaction to savings and checking accounts.
Submits requests for maintenance and name and address changes on accounts and ATM cards.
Researches problems using on-line terminal, customer accounts and general ledger as needed to answer customer question and to resolve problems and provide assistance.
Assists customer in balancing accounts.
Obtains copies of checks and/or statements through on-line terminal at customer requests.
Adjusts customer accounts, with Supervisor approval, for encoding errors and overdraft charges. Makes adjustments to customer accounts and general ledger as needed.
Recalculates interest paid on accounts for customers.
3. Opens new accounts and cross sells bank products and services.
Explains various account options, such as demand deposits and savings.
Initiates discussion to determine customer needs and promotes appropriate products.
Gathers required personal information.
Prepares and reviews new account paperwork with customer.
Receives and processes initial deposits; cash transfer of funds from other accounts, and or sight drafts.
Suggests alternative products and services to meet customer’s needs.
Provides information regarding additional services.
Refers customer to appropriate person/department for special requests.
4. Provides customer service to bank customers and employees.
Researches and responds to routine customer and employee inquiries regarding bank products and services.
Greets and acknowledges walk-in customers and determines their needs.
Handles telephone inquiries, responding to routine questions and directing calls to appropriate departments
5. Prepares and maintains support documentation for accounts.
Prepares input sheets for accounts and services generated.
Processes daily reports for tracking activity and balancing purposes.
Follows up on incomplete documentation and forwards to appropriate department.
6. May have additional responsibilities for the following:
Processes daily return items.
Orders checks from specified vendor
7. May function as a loan assistant if required.
Assists in both commercial, and real estate loan documentation.
Orders appraisals as required
Orders flood certifications as required
Orders title opinions/insurance.
Processes applications in the perfecting of liens for automobile and mobile home secured loans.
Assists lender to maintain current insurance on secured collateral.
Performs other duties as required.
8. Attendance is a vital function of this position.