Air Traffic Control Specialists (ATCS) control air traffic on and within the vicinity of the airport according to established procedures and policies to prevent collisions and minimize delays arising from traffic congestion. The incumbent is responsible for the safe, orderly and expeditious movement of air traffic through the nation's airspace. ATCS duties include:
Answering radio calls from arriving and departing aircraft.Issuing landing/takeoff instructions.Issuing information such as runway to use, wind velocity and direction, visibility, taxiing instructions, and pertinent data on other aircraft operating in vicinity.Issuing air traffic clearances.
- Providing advice based on their own observations and information from the National Weather - Service, IFR control facilities, flight service stations, pilots, and other sources.Taking and disseminating weather observations at Limited Aviation Weather Reporting Station (LAWRS) or Supplemental Aviation Weather Reporting Station (SAWRS) facilities.Transferring control of aircraft to receiving facilities when aircraft leave their airspace, and receiving control of aircraft coming into their airspace.Operating various types of equipment such as: radios, telephones, interphones, computer systems, radar, recording systems, weather equipment, light guns, airport/runway lighting systems, and backup equipment.Alerting airport emergency crews and other designated personnel when aircraft are having flight difficulties.Coordinating with and issuing instructions to airport vehicles and personnel.Maintaining and disseminating records of daily operationsOther duties as assigned
The rate of pay for this position is $30.88 per hour.
AK - 48% COLA per hour, 40 hours per week, based on DOL wage rate plus relocation allowance after certification.
Prior to being considered for this position, applicant must:
1. Have a copy of their Control Tower Operator (CTO) Airmen Certificate.In accordance with FAR 65.39, applicant “must have satisfactorily served as an air traffic control tower operator with a facility rating…for at least 6 months...”If necessary, to replace an Airmen Certificate, go to the following website:
2. Have a current FAA Class II Medical Certificate (FAA Form 8500-9).To find an FAA Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) in your area, go to the following website:
3. Be eligible to work for Serco under the Federal Immigration Laws.
4. Verify education and employment references from previous employer(s) including release of drug and alcohol records.
5. Receive a negative result on a pre-employment drug screen.
6. Be able to receive an interim security suitability clearance granted by FAA Security derived from a public trust background check.
7. Establish proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Applicants applying to this position must available for work within 60 days.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc, one of the worlds leading and most admired service companies. Serco serves Federal, state and local governments, along with the Canadian government and commercial customers. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco has approximately 10,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco's people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. Our focus on Bringing Service to Life is more than a tagline, it’s the way we get things done, the way we talk with each other, and the way we interact and respect each other. We succeed by encouraging and generating new ideas. We trust our people to deliver. We are passionate about building innovative and successful Serco businesses. Our most powerful tool in improving performance is to instill a stimulating culture where people feel they can personally make a difference. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).